To all the ladies…
Getting into training clothes and pitching up at the gym (or in our case 'box') goes much further than just coming to do a WOD.
As women, we face certain struggles, insecurities and fears. These elements are different in gender. (mostly at least).
“CrossFit girls are strong… yes… But what about ‘me’ as a beginner… I’m certainly not ‘strong’ yet… How do I show my face (and body) at a place where there is this high expectation and stigma to be extraordinary?”
Let’s be honest, maybe not in these exact words, but you have had this thought in some form or another run through your mind before.
YOU, you that picked up the phone to inquire about an introduction class...
YOU, you having the courage to show up at a CrossFit session regardless of these thoughts...
YOU, coming back time after time
YOU are EXTRAORDINARY! YOU are STRONG even if you cannot 'squat your body weight' yet! (or whatever __________ )
- You don't give in when you 'feel' fear. (Everyone feels fear, what you do with that fear is what counts)
- You don't crumble at rejection or criticism
- You are strong enough to admit when you need help
- You don't compare yourself to others even if the temptation to do so comes
- You don't measure yourself by the opinions of others
- You don't hold back and you don't lose passion
Again; THE above, LADIES, makes you STRONG!
If you read this post all the way to the end, this article from CrossFit on the Plains, is definitely worth reading!
Know who you are... Then create it so the world can see!
Thank you for reading.
Post a Comment